Sunday, November 29, 2009

My favorite Genealogy Resources

Someone just sent me a link to WorldVitalRecords because they have free databases until 11/30/2009. I liked it. I have a subscription to Ancestry so I'm not sure if I need another one. I'll have to browse more and see what all it has to offer. Look for the banners for some of my favorites, on the left side bottom. I think some ads automatically show below my blogs too.
Here's some more: Ancestry, myheritage, LDS, Footnote, familyrelatives, newspaperarchive, familytreemaker, rootsweb, familylink, legacy, findmypast, surnameweb, Intelius, cemeteryspot, mygreatbigfamily, genforum, gencircles, familytreedna and rootsweb. (of course put www. in front and .com behind the word)

1 comment:

  1. My name is Jan Wallace (maiden name Magnuson). I also am related to alot (I won't say almost everybody) in Bastrop Co. specifically the New Sweden area which is actually in Travis Co. I am also an avid genealogy researcher. Do you know of anyone who is of Swedish descent who is doing genealogy in the Bastrop/Travis Co. area?

    ReplyDelete